Owl in flight

lostprophet

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
last ones for a while

I think these are Tawny Owls, not the best shots in the world but as they are the only shots I have of this Owl I thought I'd post them

yn5lvb.jpg

yn5lv9.jpg

there are no owls in my collection, so i would be glad to have some like those :p

They are not perfect, but not bad by no means either. I quite like the second for the wings being at a less usual angle than often captured.

cheers Alex

What a cute little owl and greats photos! My mom and I have been hunting for owls for a long time now, and still havnt gotten pictures!

Well captured - I am hoping to get some shots of the Barn Owls over the washes, but they usually wait until light is fading. Any ideas how I can get the bats that were whisling by my face yesterday evening?

Owls have to be one of the hardest raptors to catch out in the wild... so I say you did a great job!! I have only seen owls once... a strange occurance in a nearby town with 20 short ears sitting in one tree... but I couldnt get close enough to get anything like these shots...

Well captured - I am hoping to get some shots of the Barn Owls over the washes, but they usually wait until light is fading. Any ideas how I can get the bats that were whisling by my face yesterday evening?

only thing I can think of is with an infa-red camera or camcorder with nightshot

Owls have to be one of the hardest raptors to catch out in the wild... so I say you did a great job!! I have only seen owls once... a strange occurance in a nearby town with 20 short ears sitting in one tree... but I couldnt get close enough to get anything like these shots...

gonna have to disappoint you, these were not in the wild but at the same bird of prey centre as my other 8 or so threads

What's this practice for the airshow season:lol:
Fabulous shots of a very difficult subject
Great images Andy

you could say that :lol: but there is more chance of seeing an owl than the Eurofighter flying

Most reactions

Back