What's new

Paintings

CMan

TPF Noob!
Joined
Nov 6, 2006
Messages
309
Reaction score
0
Location
Indiana
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I went to the art museum yesterday and took about 225 pictures of...pictures. I've only uploaded a small number; will post more later if you guys are interested.

Alfred Stevens: A Visit to the Studio

This one just jumped out at me. It's very crisp and detailed.

AlfredStevensVisittotheStud.jpg


Claude Monet: Charing Cross Bridge

Of course, one of his most famous works. You can google it and see all sorts of pictures of it that really bring out the bridge sharply; but that's not how it is in real life. Seeing it in person, it leaves you to ponder the mists and mystery surrounding the murky bridge.

ClaudeMonetCharingCrossBrid.jpg



Jean-Leon Gerome: The Guard

A picture doesn't do this one justice. In person, the painting jumps to life. It almost looks like you can touch the dogs fur, it's so realistic.

Jean-LeonGeromeTheGuard.jpg


John Brett: Massa, Bay of Naples

This is a painting that I, for some reason unknown to me, just liked.

JohnBrettMassaBayofNaples.jpg


Maximilien Luce: La Rue Moffeta

A good example of neo-impressionism.

MaximilienLuceLaRueMouffeta.jpg


Panini: Ruins with the Temple

Outstanding work; it's very detailed.

PaniniRuinsWiththeTempleand.jpg


Renoir: Boquet in a Vase

Simple, organic, and attractive. One of Renoir's best, in my opinion.

RenoirBoquetinaVase.jpg


Van Gogh: Landscape at Saint Remy

Van Gogh is one of those artists you just have to love; the texture is so unique.

VanGoghLandscapeatSt.jpg



Giuseppe De Nittis: The Road from Brindisi to Barletta

deNittistheRoadfrombrindiss.jpg


Jean Joseph Xavier Bidauld: The Park at Mortefontaine

JeanJosephPark.jpg


Unknown Artist: Christ in Limbo

UnknownArtistChristinLimbo.jpg


Jean Metzinger: The Seashore

JeanMetzingerTheSeashore.jpg


Claude Monet: The Church of San Giorgio

Most pictures, I was able to crop out the frame entirely. This one, I was not. My apologies.

MonetChurch.jpg


Charles Guillaume Alexandre Bourgeois: Mars and Venus Surprised by Vulcan

AlexanderBourgeois.jpg


Richard Wilson: Apollo and the Seasons

RichardWilsonApollo.jpg


Ludof Backhyusen: Christ in the Storm

LudofBackhyusenChrist.jpg



I still have many more.

Tech specs; Canon 400D, Canon 18-55 f/3.5-5.6, ISO 400, f/3.5, 1/15, 1/25 and 1/8. No flash, no tripod.
 
So no one said anything against you taking photos of all of those paintings then? For as long as you did not use any flash or so? Let me know, please, for I am always uncertain whether that is allowed or not (though I did take photos of paintings in the Jewish Museum in Berlin in October and no one ever said a word, but I never cropped them this clearly out of their frames).

Anyhow, you did a super job in taking all these photos of the paintings. No reflections, as far as I can see, true colours (I should guess), and wonderful (also wonderfully varied) pieces of art!
 
Thanks for your compliments!

I checked with the museum before I went, and they said that photography was allowed, I just couldn't use flash or a tripod. Although the museum "guards" (as I call them; in each exhibit they have guys in suits walking around watching your every move) did look at me with a somewhat questioning look, they never said anything.

These are all as true to life as they can get...no filters, no doctoring in Photoshop.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom