In memoriam
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Palace of the Legion of Honor in San Francisco

Palace_of_the_Legion_of_Honor_0335.jpg

Buckster said:

Can't believe no one had commented on this.
I'll have the honor to go first
Beautiful image

Buckster said:

Beautiful image

Rosy, just so you know, one of the reasons that I don't comment on postings like this and I don't mean to start a great discussion, is that I do not generally comment on postings unless the poster asks for comments. I did this once, a while ago, when the poster had not specifically asked for C&C and received a very "snarky" response, so I stopped commenting on posts unless the poster asks for C&C. Maybe others feel this way also. If they ask, I am only to willing to comment, as long as I can add value to what has been commented on so far. My 0.02¢ FWIW.

WesternGuy

........ is that I do not generally comment on postings unless the poster asks for comments. I did this once, a while ago, when the poster had not specifically asked for C&C and received a very "snarky" response, so I stopped commenting on posts unless the poster asks for C&C.

Wuss? Truely WG, you can't be that thinned skinned.

Buckster: :thumbsup:

Buckster said:

Beautiful image

Rosy, just so you know, one of the reasons that I don't comment on postings like this and I don't mean to start a great discussion, is that I do not generally comment on postings unless the poster asks for comments. I did this once, a while ago, when the poster had not specifically asked for C&C and received a very "snarky" response, so I stopped commenting on posts unless the poster asks for C&C. Maybe others feel this way also. If they ask, I am only to willing to comment, as long as I can add value to what has been commented on so far. My 0.02¢ FWIW.

WesternGuy
From me???!!! I don't think I've ever given anyone a snarky response for giving me a CC, whether I happen to agree with it or not. I always thank them for taking the time to look and making the extra effort to leave their thoughts.

I take that back. When Schwetty and O hey Tyler came into one of my threads with the admitted intent to insult and fling poo, I was not terribly conciliatory about it, and Tyler eventually managed to get the thread shut down completely. Other than that one time though...

Edit: Actually, I even thanked them and gave them each a "like"!! :mrgreen:

Last edited:
Cool image!

Is there some hand coloring going in the foreground, and maybe the clouds!

........ is that I do not generally comment on postings unless the poster asks for comments. I did this once, a while ago, when the poster had not specifically asked for C&C and received a very "snarky" response, so I stopped commenting on posts unless the poster asks for C&C.

Wuss? Truely WG, you can't be that thinned skinned.

Buckster: :thumbsup:
Not thin skinned at all :lol: I usually try and call it the way my monitor shows it to me. I am just trying to be respectful of folks wishes or non-wishes as the case may be. I figure if a poster is looking for C&C, they will ask, that's all. If you, as a poster, ask for C&C, then I am only too happy to provide my 0.02¢ FWIW, providing I am just not going to repeat things that have already been said. Someone might accuse me of trying to "inflate" my posting count - never! By the way, it was a VERY snarky response - :shock:

WG

Cool image!
Thank you kindly!

Is there some hand coloring going in the foreground, and maybe the clouds!
This started out with three bracketed images HDR'd and tonemapped with the intent to bring out more detail in the building and reflecting pond. It produced some strong color, even though I don't generally like to be too obvious and heavy-handed on the HDR stuff.

I desaturated the sidewalk in the foreground, which came out WAY yellow from the big lights on the grounds directly behind where I was set up after the HDR/tonemapping process. Maybe should have desat'd the vegetation/flowers some too, but I was kinda liking how strong they turned out in that light when the HDR/tonemapping lit them up like that, so I left them as is.

The sky was dropped in from another image I had that seemed like a better fit for this than the black night sky in all three original images used for the HDR. I saturated and darkened it to better match the vegetation on the bottom half of the composition. ;)

Buckster said:
Thank you kindly! :)

Woah! Did not expect that, clearly not my intention to stir things up
Again, great image
Congratulations on your brand new grandbaby

This is by far my favorite art museum i've so far visited. Their collection is always so eclectic.

From me???!!! I don't think I've ever given anyone a snarky response for giving me a CC, whether I happen to agree with it or not. I always thank them for taking the time to look and making the extra effort to leave their thoughts.

I take that back. When Schwetty and O hey Tyler came into one of my threads with the admitted intent to insult and fling poo, I was not terribly conciliatory about it, and Tyler eventually managed to get the thread shut down completely. Other than that one time though...

Not from you, and I am not about to say who it was from, but let's just say that I don't need, nor do I want, the hassle - life is to short to waste effort where it is not wanted or asked for, so, after that little bout of "verbal jousting", I have just adopted a personal "policy" of not commenting on postings unless the poster asks for them - I trust you and others who read this, will understand. While I am not one to speculate on too many things, I have seen others on this forum who will often ask if the poster is looking for C&C if they have not explicitly asked for it, so I would hazard a guess that I am not alone in this approach - sometimes I will ask if that is what the poster is looking for, particularly if they are relatively new to the forum. Anyway, I think we have worked this one into the ground - let us leave it at that - thanks. :mrgreen:

WesternGuy

Last edited:

Not from you, and I am not about to say who it was from, but let's just say that I don't need, nor do I want, the hassle - life is to short to waste effort where it is not wanted or asked for, so, after that little bout of "verbal jousting", I have just adopted a personal "policy" of not commenting on postings unless the poster asks for them - I trust you and others who read this, will understand. While I am not one to speculate on too many things, I have seen others on this forum who will often ask if the poster is looking for C&C if they have not explicitly asked for it, so I would hazard a guess that I am not alone in this approach - sometimes I will ask if that is what the poster is looking for, particularly if they are relatively new to the forum. Anyway, I think we have worked this one into the ground - let us leave it at that - thanks. :mrgreen:

WesternGuy
Just for giggles, read the first line of my sig. It's been there for years, in every post I make. Thought that would clear things up, but maybe not...

I'm getting really close to pulling off shots like that. This is awesome and inspiring. Thank you sharing your creative talent with us. I'm going to use this as motivation to become even better!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back