Panning Cars

tecboy

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
San Jose, Cali, The Heart of Silicon Valley
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was out sitting in the patio next to Starbucks and doing panning shots.
C&C Welcome!!

1 _MG_0093.jpg

2 _MG_0105.jpg

3 _MG_0113.jpg

4 _MG_0141.jpg

5 _MG_0151.jpg

6 _MG_0167.jpg

7 _MG_0169.jpg

I practise panning the same way. The idea of movement isn't as clear with the rig perhaps it's cause you can't see the sign as with the cars

Those are very well done. Perhaps your next step should be to change up the background or the angle at which you capture these?

Here is an easy stationary panning shot you can try: have someone drive you on the freeway and you should try to get a panning shot of cars in other lanes. You can either overtake them, or let them overtake you in terms of speed. Either way, you'll get some interesting shots.

Here is also an interesting article, since you seem to love cars: Car Camera Rigs - PistonHeads

Last edited:
I practise panning the same way. The idea of movement isn't as clear with the rig perhaps it's cause you can't see the sign as with the cars

Can you explain more? I don't understand. Sorry.[/QUOTE

Take photo 6 for example notice the store sign on the wall behind the cars is blurred similarly the hedge, the both give the sense of movement.

The semi shot, no 3, hasn't got those same features, it seems as if the truck isn't moving, I know it is but not by comparison to the other images it isn't.

I think the shutter speed was correct for the cars but not for the truck is what I wanted to say.

But they are still well taken.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back