That would be because they were shot with film
I like the shapes you are trying to capture in #1, could use with a little less clutter around them though. I don't think it is all that important to be so far out.
#2 is just a snapshot of a fountain, straight on, the standard tourist "Oh! Look a beautiful fountain!" No offense, it is a very interesting fountain.
I really do enjoy the repetition in #3, could use a little more contrast.
#4 is a bit voyeuristic in that you are just peering over some trees at the tower, however it is just not working for me here. I think the statues add a bit to the photo and hopefully are there to add to it, just doesn't work for me.
The final image I actually enjoy, even though it is a very simplistic shot. Sometimes something that normally could be "snapshotty" can turn out to be just a perfectly simple picture. I think it works because of the initial interest of subject matter, for me at least, as well as the nice contrast.
Just would like to point out it could use a little bottom cropping, not really adding anything for me.