Pascagoula Pano **56K WARNING**

jstuedle

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.picture-daddy.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
We had a reason to take a quick road trip 800 miles south the Pascagoula Mississippi Monday and Tuesday. It's a long story but we had no notice and no real preparation before we left. We arrived in Pascagoula at about sunset and only had time to shoot a few frames. I didn't intend to shoot a panorama as I didn't take a tripod or any prime lenses. I usually shoot my panoramas with a 35mm f/2. I used the fastest zoom in my kit a 35-70 f/2.8, and at ISO 800 it was not fast enough. The result is not photographically or technically great, but it shows the devastation that does not come across in the news we see on TV. I could not choose my location to shoot, so this location was simply random. We left as quickly as we arrived before curfew was enforced. The resulting image stitched from 8 frames and curves adjusted to brighten the image and make it more viewable. The left end of the frame looks toward Gulf Port and New Orleans, the right past the oil platform is Mobile Alabama.

Wow.. Awesome photo there mate.

It is in the wrong section though. Don't worry, a mod will be along shortly to move it for you into the gallery.

I was a little confused as to where it should go. I knew someone smarter than I would figure it out.

Note to Mod, thanks for moving post. I thought it had more of a P.J. flavor so I posed it to general first. Thanks again.

well i kno to some people this shot might jus show a bunch of rubbish but to anyone who has experienced serious diasters or storms i know what this shows. I kno it reminds me of after ivan back home, i like this shot. its strong but dude, damn its a big picture. thank god for DSL

jstuedle said:
Note to Mod, thanks for moving post. I thought it had more of a P.J. flavor so I posed it to general first. Thanks again.

no problem.

any chance you could resize this for better viewing?

we'd love to see more from your trip if possible!

JonMikal said:
any chance you could resize this for better viewing?

we'd love to see more from your trip if possible!

I agree :) I would love to see this at a smaller size to get more of an idea as to what the whole shot looks like...very cool from what I can see though :) And I'd love to see more shots as well!

OK guys, I resized the pano to 400 pixles high. Should make it more 56K friendly. :) Let me know what you think.

Another image from our little trip down south. This was taken in central Kentucky on the way down. Note the "one way" sign. Enjoy. :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back