What's new

"Passing Time"

D-B-J

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Apr 13, 2010
Messages
9,027
Reaction score
2,175
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I like it, but i feel like it could be improved, but i don't know how. The setup was two flash's controlled by SU800 on camera, one flash being in the top right corner of the windowseat (me sitting in the bottom leftcorner here), pointing slightly back towards the camera to inhibit reflection from the window, and the other flash was about camera height 2 feet camera right, to add some fill light to my face. How can i improve it?

passingtimewatermark.jpg





Regards,
Jake
 
Very effective work; conveying the mood is the measure of success here
 
ttt
 
Looks like you slid out of the picture. Maybe more you, less empty space above?
 
ttt
 
^^
Read your username. Answer your own question.
 
Good job. :)

If I had to answer, I would loose lights at the back and around the guy and keep the focus on the subject.
Lighting seem a little unnatural.

Just 2 cents.
 
Good job. :)

If I had to answer, I would loose lights at the back and around the guy and keep the focus on the subject.
Lighting seem a little unnatural.

Just 2 cents.


I'm not sure i understand what you are saying.. Clarify please?

Regards,
Jake
 
Good job. :)

If I had to answer, I would loose lights at the back and around the guy and keep the focus on the subject.
Lighting seem a little unnatural.

Just 2 cents.


I'm not sure i understand what you are saying.. Clarify please?

Regards,
Jake

Normally when someone reads a book in the dark, the light should be pointing at where he's reading but in this case the strong light is pointing at the back of the book.
Specifically at least I would lose the light/shadow on his arm.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom