Pearl

abraxas

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Nothing for Pearl? Did I let her down?

Purhaps we're all just speechless. (In a good way)

Well, I was kind of hoping so. I got some good things going with the tonal range. I've taken the shot from black-black to total white. I think I did good on the composition. I led from the bottom left back and forth up the shot into the mountains beyond. And it's all in focus as well as minimally processed.

So, I ask myself, is it the subject? There are a considerable amount of cemetery photos here in B&W. Is it that boring and common place?

I thought of that as I posted. So to give the image some impact I put in the wording on the stone in as a comment.

I thought at best, I could get someone to feel something. But how does a viewer express that--Crying?

Maybe it just doesn't stand on its own as an image. Would maybe make a better book photo?

I thought it was a shame that an 8-year-old girl's life ended. It was a few years short of 100 years ago that this, obviously tragic event took place. I thought it may have been a life lost due to the Spanish flu epidemic. A sickness that killed millions. That was in 1916(?) though. That would have been terrible enough, but the fact that it wasn't has, at least to me, made this little girl's loss of life a more horrible question.

Was it a sickness? Maybe an accident? Did she die slowly or quickly? Did she suffer? Were her mommy and daddy there? Was she alone?

Pearl was born in 1905. That'd make her 105 years old, if she were still living. What a full life it could have been for her. Maybe she would have had children, and they had children, and being 105, I have no doubt that she would have had great and even great-great grandchildren.

That's a lot of life for a little girl to have missed out on. She's been gone 90 years. In a small and quiet cemetery, on a lonely hill outside of a nearly deserted ghost of a town, in a windy and remote valley in the desert this little girl stays.

Very sad to me.

I find pics of children graves very sad :( Went to the graveyard at the old quarrantine station near here - there were quite a few really old graves there also incl many children. There's a graveyard near here and there's a grave thats made like a baby's cot, there's also a little like childrens car one :(

yes- thanks for your time.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back