What's new

Pears

PhillipM

TPF Noob!
Joined
Nov 13, 2012
Messages
219
Reaction score
127
Location
NW TN. 2 hours from everywhere.
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Just for fun.

pears.jpg
 
I like it, looks sharp good colours just kinda wish the basket wasn't cut off on the right. Just my 2 cents.
 
Exxxccceeellllent

Simplicity has never been so beautiful :thumbsup:
 
Great shot! I don't really care that the basket was cut off on the right side since the pears were the main subject as the lone pear (wasn't his horse named Apple?) proves.
 
It is lovely. The coloring and mood are like a still life by an old master. I can see what Mike is saying even though I like it the way it is. The curve of the basket on the lower right draws the eye. I think if I were to do anything it would be to crop the right side just before the edge curves upward.
 
Ooooo! So NICE! I love it!

Needs a third element.
 
Thanks folks....

These turned out nicely. I have both prints on the wall at home, and at my in-laws, and at a local boutique shop in town.

Here's the mate to the first one..

pearsmate.jpg
 
Your second shot is much nicer.....better composition, and the basket looks better toned down a little.
 
Your second shot is much nicer.....better composition, and the basket looks better toned down a little.
Thanks.

These were shot with the thought process of a pair pun intended hanging on the wall.

Very good! Framed the same, possibly on the same wall, I like it!

ps: I still like the first one a lot, and if it had included a piece of cheese, or bread, or a knife, I think it might even be better.
 
I think if you sent those to me to eat, they would serve a second, equally important bit of content - namely my stomach. I do so love pears. Nice shots, both. I have no favorite of the two though do tend to lean toward the first presentation.
 
I guess what bothers me with the first one is the last pear has a big rotten spot on it. For me doing so much food photography I could not have something like that, with that cropped out I would have chosen that image.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom