pentax k1000 flash help

iPhoto17

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
i havnt used the flash on my pentax k1000 in a while, and it used to work, now it just doesnt work at all, or atleast i think its not. if it helps the model of the flash is the AF160Sa.....theres no seperate battery for the flash that must may be out of juice or does the hot shoe supply the power?

Your flash has to have some type of power, all the hot shoe does is give off an electric signal to tell the flash to fire.

edit: According to the internets, that specific flash uses two AA batteries.

Your flash has to have some type of power, all the hot shoe does is give off an electric signal to tell the flash to fire.

edit: According to the internets, that specific flash uses two AA batteries.

thanks for the info, sadly i only have one double a battery, ill get some more tomorrow at work

The Pentax K1000 isn't a Leica, or a Rollei, yet it obviously involves a seat in the realm of photography; as an astute educator, a workhorse, and a craftsman's utensil. With its noteworthy effortlessness and strong development, it will give any 35mm film camera a keep running for its cash. It's tough and worked for the whole deal. I wouldn't be reluctant to hurl it in my rucksack for an end of the week trek or hand it to my 3-year-old child to take a couple photographs: It's that strong.
Home

d1ifS5B.jpg

i have one of those little flashes! Have had it for 20 years or so...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back