Pentax P30A with 50mm & 28mm Give Away

jcdeboever

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have recently sold off a bunch of my film cameras because I just prefer the Nikon manual SLR's, 100% viewfinder models.

I purposely left this fine beginner's SLR off the sale list to donate to someone wanting to get into film or back into it. It is super light, well made, very easy to use, excellent ergonomics, excellent lens, and in excellent condition. It will come with a Pentax SMC A 50mm f/2 lens and a Tokina RC 28mm f/2.8 which is in excellent condition. Batteries are relatively common for it but last a long time if you don't leave it on, which I have a bad habit of doing. I really think this is a great film camera to start out with or a great every day shooter for the experienced photog who wants it super light. This is a little gem of a camera. I will even consider current film shooters.

The rules are simple...
Be honest, in other words, don't trick me into giving this for you to sell (It's not worth all that much on the used market anyway).
Respond to this thread on why you want this camera and I will make my decision when I choose it's time.

It will not cost you anything. I'll even cover the shipping, USPS. I prefer the person to have at least 100 posts on this forum. This forum has nothing to do with this give away, it is simply something I want to do, to give back to this community.

Here is a link to a review. Bad penny done good ? - Pentax P30 Series Review - Canny Cameras

Last edited:
I am glad you are settling on Nikon film. Nothing fancy, just solid, high quality photo equipment.
Thanks. It makes it easier to decide. The F and F2 for two gun events whether it be color and b & w or a wide and a telephoto. I've got the sunny 16 down now and seems to be working out. I'm keeping the Fujifilm GA645ZI for travel stuff mainly, the image quality is very nice. The F3 is a gem as well, pretty much keep that Af 35 f/2 on it. I like the 100mm 2.8E on it too. I have a nice canon AE1 with a 55 and a zoom that was gifted to me, can't part with that and it's fun to shoot.

Dump the AE1 and get a motor for the F2 or F3. The motor eliminates the need for an opposing thumb.
I've tried a couple but had bad luck to this point. They had to be sent back. One worked for a half roll and pooped out, the other two just were DOA. I got them from the same guy, probably will look for one on the F3.

surprised no one jumped on this yet. May have to sell it. It's a neat little camera.

Dump the AE1 and get a motor for the F2 or F3. The motor eliminates the need for an opposing thumb.
I've tried a couple but had bad luck to this point. They had to be sent back. One worked for a half roll and pooped out, the other two just were DOA. I got them from the same guy, probably will look for one on the F3.
The F series motor drives are workhorses. When not moving film, the drives can be used as a construction tool. The drives for the FM/FE series are toys in comparison.

How about donating it to a school or local youth center?
yup, there is a high school in Plymouth MI that teaches film, I will probably donate it there if no one responds soon.

I have recently sold off a bunch of my film cameras because I just prefer the Nikon manual SLR's, 100% viewfinder models.

I purposely left this fine beginner's SLR off the sale list to donate to someone wanting to get into film or back into it. It is super light, well made, very easy to use, excellent ergonomics, excellent lens, and in excellent condition. It will come with a Pentax SMC A 50mm f/2 lens and a Tokina RC 28mm f/2.8 which is in excellent condition. Batteries are relatively common for it but last a long time if you don't leave it on, which I have a bad habit of doing. I really think this is a great film camera to start out with or a great every day shooter for the experienced photog who wants it super light. This is a little gem of a camera. I will even consider current film shooters.

The rules are simple...
Be honest, in other words, don't trick me into giving this for you to sell (It's not worth all that much on the used market anyway).
Respond to this thread on why you want this camera and I will make my decision when I choose it's time.

It will not cost you anything. I'll even cover the shipping, USPS. I prefer the person to have at least 100 posts on this forum. This forum has nothing to do with this give away, it is simply something I want to do, to give back to this community.

Here is a link to a review. Bad penny done good ? - Pentax P30 Series Review - Canny Cameras

Not sure I am posting right here? I am a collector of vintage cameras. I pick them up at yard sales, and want to get into film some. I actually have had a few rolls developed end of last year and have a roll or two I need to get developed.

Anyway, I guess the main reason I would like to have this camera is I think I only have one Pentax film camera so far, and am curious to take pictures with all the cameras I acquire and compare the results for myself and on my website.

I am glad film is still alive and well, and hope in some way it makes a resurgence if it’s not already!

Very noble of you to offer this to someone that is wanting to go the film route. Kudos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The rules are simple...

Not sure I am posting right here? I am a collector of vintage cameras. I pick them up at yard sales, and want to get into film some. I actually have had a few rolls developed end of last year and have a roll or two I need to get developed.

Anyway, I guess the main reason I would like to have this camera is I think I only have one Pentax film camera so far, and am curious to take pictures with all the cameras I acquire and compare the results for myself and on my website.

I am glad film is still alive and well, and hope in some way it makes a resurgence if it’s not already!

Very noble of you to offer this to someone that is wanting to go the film route. Kudos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Unfortunately, no one responded, and I gave away the system to a high school.

Most reactions

Back