No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Oasis:

IMG_6767.jpg

Skeleton:

IMG_6761.jpg

very nice indeed. did you use monochrome channel-mixer to produce these? and did you use lens filters (or 'software' filters in-camera)?
the first picture is wonderful.

Thanks! I had forgotten my polarizer -- it would have helped with the cactus skeleton. These were both shot in RAW on the 7D with my Sigma 10-20mm and converted in CS4 with mixer.

that is a 'cactus skeleton' ?! wow i never knew about that or even considered such things exist! i have a small collection of 8 cacti here (mostly S.American species). they are about 18 months old :) yours appear a bit more mature lol.

that is a 'cactus skeleton' ?! wow i never knew about that or even considered such things exist! i have a small collection of 8 cacti here (mostly S.American species). they are about 18 months old :) yours appear a bit more mature lol.

Here's another image:

IMG_6759.jpg

that's excellent. i'm amazed how solid these parts have developed over time. care to guess how old they may get in Arizona?

Well, it must be quite old. A Saguaro doesn't even start to branch until it is 50-70 years old.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back