Photive remote control

tommy1234

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I set my AE-L/AF-L button on my nikon d5100 to ON. When I back button focus and then use the remote, it overrides the setting and focuses. Any Suggestions?

I set my AE-L/AF-L button on my nikon d5100 to ON. When I back button focus and then use the remote, it overrides the setting and focuses. Any Suggestions?
Don't you have to touch the camera to use back-button focus? If so, what is the point of the remote?

Don't you have to touch the camera to use back-button focus? If so, what is the point of the remote?
Well, in astrophotography, one focuses the camera and then takes shots without touching the camera.

Astrophotography is pretty much all manual. ISO, shutter, focus, white balance....

Well, in astrophotography, one focuses the camera and then takes shots without touching the camera.
Unless one falls straight at you, stars generally remain at infinity - simply turn autofocus off once infinity focus is achieved.

Unless one falls straight at you, stars generally remain at infinity - simply turn autofocus off once infinity focus is achieved.
It's not only stars; moon, sun, elipses, northern lights, planets, etc.

Focus and use the timer. There may be a setting in the camera to open the mirror a second or so before the shutter opens; not sure if that model will do it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back