Photo Challenge Loser for C&C

brettmc

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I didn't win the photo challenge this month. One of the things that may have lost me some votes may be due to my lack of bat and ball. When I took the photo I figured there would be a TON of pics of bats and balls so I was going to try to be different and stand out. Anyway, please C&C so I can improve for the next one.

Thanks
DSC_0068_edited-1.jpg

i actually really like this photo, but if i were to change anything, i would make a slightly bit more of the glove in focus, and i would move the light tower so it wasnt almost directly centered in the image.

well, i dont mean move the light tower, but angle it to the right or left.

Oh thats true about the light pole, it almost seems to be making a crease down the center. Do you think cloning it out would be a good idea?
When you say have more of the glove in focus I'm assuming you mean just increase the DOF?

Thanks for the help, anyone else?

Yeah I was thinking more of the glove in focus as well, so yeah increase the dof. You also could've tried putting the glove on the farther end of the bench to create some leading lines to the glove. I'm not sure if you could achieve the same shallow dof with the glove a bit farther away though. Adding a bat and ball in the out of focus area might've added a little as well, keeping the criteria in the pic, but not having it as the focal point like you wanted. Like the pic btw!

hey i liked your pic a lot too.

Thanks for the compliments and all of the help

I love this photo! This is something I would put on my wall with or without the changes...but i'd say the glove being slightly off focus in one spot may have helped

Just because the theme was "bat and ball" does not mean you had to have a bat and/or a ball in the picture.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back