Photo Club Help

tslice

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.tylergreenphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm going to start a local photography club but I have no experience at all doing such a thing. I feel like there is a great need for this type of club in my area, but I don't know how to actually run the thing and how to keep people excited.

I've built a wordpress site that will host news and updates about the club and I created a Flickr group to host our photos and allow us to critique each others work.

Beyond that I'm not really sure about what I'm doing. I want us to be able to meet and shoot at different locations and with different subjects.

I want to try landscapes and portraiture.

With landscapes we will have to travel to locations, but I figure we can also do some in town 'architecture' things.

As for portraiture, I want to focus on available light using reflectors for fill.

Mostly I want people to focus on content, thinking of photographic design rather that technique.

Are there any suggestions on how to make this work? I'm really looking for insight into anyone that is part of a club like this or has attended workshops.

I'm going to start a local photography club but I have no experience at all doing such a thing. I feel like there is a great need for this type of club in my area, but I don't know how to actually run the thing and how to keep people excited.

I've built a wordpress site that will host news and updates about the club and I created a Flickr group to host our photos and allow us to critique each others work.

Beyond that I'm not really sure about what I'm doing. I want us to be able to meet and shoot at different locations and with different subjects.

I want to try landscapes and portraiture.

With landscapes we will have to travel to locations, but I figure we can also do some in town 'architecture' things.

As for portraiture, I want to focus on available light using reflectors for fill.

Mostly I want people to focus on content, thinking of photographic design rather that technique.

Are there any suggestions on how to make this work? I'm really looking for insight into anyone that is part of a club like this or has attended workshops.
I think it's likely you'll need to try and draw members from Roswell and Carlsbad too to have a sustainable club.

I think it's likely you'll need to try and draw members from Roswell and Carlsbad too to have a sustainable club.

Already workin' on it ;) but if my club sucks they certainly will not return.

Nice zenfolio by the way.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back