Photo of the Month - January '10 Nominations

Status
Not open for further replies.
If that is meant as a serious nomination, then fine. If it's just intended to mock the OP, as I believe it to be, then please delete the image. PoTM will not be turned into a circus.

Im sorry, I didn't mean it as a mock to the OP and I definitely don't assume that PoTM should be treated with sarcasm. Though I posted with a tad bit of humor because his photo was so widely discussed on the board I was for sure it would be on this thread by now, I nominated his photo because he got a lot of popularity with it this month, and I thought the OP was serious about it when he took it. I know we all thought he was joking with it at first but in all honesty, I think he was really excited about the shot he got (at least...i hope he wasn't trolling, i haven't seen anything posted by him since so I hope I'm not being naive). No, its not technically the best picture compared to the others nominated but like I said, he deserves some props for his creativity... i don't think any of us saw that "S" at first. PoTM says nominate your favorite photo on the board, and this one was my favorite this month... it sparked conversation, got a lot of feedback, and in all honesty, made me think about the definition of "good photography." (similar to this thread: http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/photographic-discussions/190983-overrated-photographers-not-just-famous-ones.html). I think its technically a crappy picture compared to the others... its out of focus, the color hues are awful, and its framed poorly. BUT... pretty creative that the guy was able to make an illusion off the floor and the cat, yet none of us were able to see his point of the picture because we got so hung up on seeing the flaws. I just wanted to put it out there that even though we all got a good laugh off of "Blurry Cat," it should make us remember that photography is art and self expression, and if we get so caught up on the flaws in the photos, we will miss out on what the photographer was really trying to portray.

I'm not here to take a stab at someone's work, and for the reasons above, it was my favorite picture on the board this month (so far!) but I dont want to offend anyone, especially the OP. I completely understand if you want to delete it from the nomination, I just wanted to explain why I put it up there.

Im sorry, I didn't mean it as a mock to the OP and I definitely don't assume that PoTM should be treated with sarcasm. Though I posted with a tad bit of humor because his photo was so widely discussed on the board I was for sure it would be on this thread by now, I nominated his photo because he got a lot of popularity with it this month, and I thought the OP was serious about it when he took it. I know we all thought he was joking with it at first but in all honesty, I think he was really excited about the shot he got (at least...i hope he wasn't trolling, i haven't seen anything posted by him since so I hope I'm not being naive). No, its not technically the best picture compared to the others nominated but like I said, he deserves some props for his creativity... i don't think any of us saw that "S" at first. PoTM says nominate your favorite photo on the board, and this one was my favorite this month... it sparked conversation, got a lot of feedback, and in all honesty, made me think about the definition of "good photography." (similar to this thread: http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/...rated-photographers-not-just-famous-ones.html). I think its technically a crappy picture compared to the others... its out of focus, the color hues are awful, and its framed poorly. BUT... pretty creative that the guy was able to make an illusion off the floor and the cat, yet none of us were able to see his point of the picture because we got so hung up on seeing the flaws. I just wanted to put it out there that even though we all got a good laugh off of "Blurry Cat," it should make us remember that photography is art and self expression, and if we get so caught up on the flaws in the photos, we will miss out on what the photographer was really trying to portray.

I'm not here to take a stab at someone's work, and for the reasons above, it was my favorite picture on the board this month (so far!) but I dont want to offend anyone, especially the OP. I completely understand if you want to delete it from the nomination, I just wanted to explain why I put it up there.
:clap: Haha

Hello Everyone,
You all have awesome collection of the nature pictures.
Thanks for sharing on the forum.
If anyone have more please share here.

I nominate this bit of awesomeNess.

3916602037_0cfdc1e4e8_b.jpg

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/...post-your-olympus-pictures-3.html#post1821895

Can I nominate two photos this month? Sorry Blurry Cat... i like this one too!

The Fog by PhotoXopher.... it creeps me out every time I look at it... and very creative how he photoshopped the naked guy or alien or whatever and headlights in. I like it!

4287636037_0a598519ee_b.jpg

I'm totally new to TPF... where do I find the pics from January's "Musically Inclined"... or have they not been posted yet? Thanks :-D

I'm totally new to TPF... where do I find the pics from January's "Musically Inclined"... or have they not been posted yet? Thanks :-D

Not really the right place to ask that question ... but they haven't been posted yet.

A voting thread will be added to this section probably in a day or two.

Not really the right place to ask that question ... but they haven't been posted yet.

Thanks for being patient with me :blushing: - i'm a total newbie to this site!

I love all the concepts of this photos .. They are so brilliant !
Can we nominate for our selves??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back