Photo Op Suggestions? Atlanta to Nashville Trip

Reebo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi there, everyone.

I'm fairly new to the forums and I had a question but I'm not sure where best to post it...

Thursday I'm driving from Atlanta to Nashville and I was wondering if anyone knew of some great photo worthy places for stopping along the way. One location of interest for me is Ruby Falls. We stopped there many times when I was a child and the family was on vacation. Now it's 25 years later and I'm curious to see it again.

I'm open to some small detours or changing routes. It's already a 9 hour drive, so as long as it does not turn into a 12 hour drive and 3 hours of photo taking I'm in good shape. (I'm actually travelling a few hours past each of the cities, but if I said "I'm heading to Pocahantos Arkansas", who would know where I mean, eh?)

I'm not overly familiar with what potentially wonderful spots may be along the way so I'm looking for suggestions.

Any thoughts?

(If I've committed a terrible transgression by posting this here, feel free to move it to the more apporpriarte forum, I just could not see where that spot might be)

Pocahontas, Arkansas is on the Black River, about 20 miles south of Doniphan, Missouri... :) My dad used to own a house on the Eleven Point.

That being said, Memphis is a wonderful place for photos. You have Beale street, and the Mississippi river, the pyramid, mud island, Graceland... Just whatever you feel like doing! Nashville is the same in its own rights. There's the Opryland hotel that has that huge indoor garden. You could probably spend an entire day in there with a macro lens!

And maybe you could take photos of the Chattanooga Choo-choo. :)

I live in Murfreesboro, so you'll be driving through my city. I hear that Sewanee is nice. It is a small mountainous town right off I-24. I really cannot think of much though between here and Atlanta. I'll have to ask around and see I can find something. I will be traveling to Atlanta in a few weeks, so it would be worth researching for myself as well.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back