Photographing Celebrities

Reaction score
Website
crimsonfoxphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello, everyone!

I'll take a look into this myself, but does anyone here have any experiences, successes or failures, concerning the legal issues associated with photographing and publishing celebrities? I may have something like this coming up soon and would be interested to hear people's stories.

If they are out in public you can shoot them without any legal problems.

Hello, everyone!

I'll take a look into this myself, but does anyone here have any experiences, successes or failures, concerning the legal issues associated with photographing and publishing celebrities? I may have something like this coming up soon and would be interested to hear people's stories.
Which legal issues are you referring to?

Last edited:
Hello, everyone!

The rule of thumb is that if you see a celebrity and shoot him or her, you may publish the pictures, since a celebrity is a person of public interest. In private spaces, the celebrities' agent might put a block on that though.

A few weeks ago I shot Queen Rania of Jordan at a private venue during a private function. Her entourage made it very clear that all pictures have to be approved before publishing. It might not have any legal consequences, but they would never let you close to her again and it seemed to be quite reasonable to have them look the pictures over.

The rule of thumb is that if you see a celebrity and shoot him or her, you may publish the pictures, since a celebrity is a person of public interest. In private spaces, the celebrities' agent might put a block on that though.

A few weeks ago I shot Queen Rania of Jordan at a private venue during a private function. Her entourage made it very clear that all pictures have to be approved before publishing. It might not have any legal consequences, but they would never let you close to her again and it seemed to be quite reasonable to have them look the pictures over.

The thing is, you shot her at a PRIVATE venue. If the celebrity is walking around in public, at a premiere, or some kind of public function, then you can snap all the photos you want. As long as you are not invading their expectations of privacy (shooting them in bathrooms and such) then you can take all the photos you want, publish them all you want and no one can tell you different.

Most reactions

Back