Railphotog
No longer a newbie, moving up!
- Joined
- May 7, 2011
- Messages
- 383
- Reaction score
- 107
- Location
- Atlantic Canada
- Can others edit my Photos
- Photos NOT OK to edit
One other hobby of mine is model railroading. I don't have an operating model railroad, I mostly enjoy making/detailing cars, locomotives and structures. And then taking photos of them. Thought I'd share a little bit of what I've done in the recent past.
The first two photos show the interior of an O scale (1:48) track maintainers' shack. It is about 5" wide and 3" deep, and I scratchbuilt it and added interior details. Four skylights and side windows allow lighting inside so I can take photos. The rear wall was made removable so I could take these:
This structure is half the scale of the first one, being in HO scale (1:87). It was made from a kit, and I added the interior detailing. Most of the rear wall was made removable for photography. It's about 2-1/2" wide and 1-3/4" deep:
Here's how I photographed both of them, the smaller one shown here. The cardboard is diffusing the lighting outside the building so the interior can better be photographed:
This is a comparison shot of the two model buildings, and my Canon XSi and Tamron 11-18mm lens used to take the photos:
I certainly enjoy the freedom of digital photography, as it allows me to take photos and correct and/or make them better right away. In the past when shooting film on similar projects, I never knew how things would turn out until after the film was processed.
Fun so far!
The first two photos show the interior of an O scale (1:48) track maintainers' shack. It is about 5" wide and 3" deep, and I scratchbuilt it and added interior details. Four skylights and side windows allow lighting inside so I can take photos. The rear wall was made removable so I could take these:
This structure is half the scale of the first one, being in HO scale (1:87). It was made from a kit, and I added the interior detailing. Most of the rear wall was made removable for photography. It's about 2-1/2" wide and 1-3/4" deep:
Here's how I photographed both of them, the smaller one shown here. The cardboard is diffusing the lighting outside the building so the interior can better be photographed:
This is a comparison shot of the two model buildings, and my Canon XSi and Tamron 11-18mm lens used to take the photos:
I certainly enjoy the freedom of digital photography, as it allows me to take photos and correct and/or make them better right away. In the past when shooting film on similar projects, I never knew how things would turn out until after the film was processed.
Fun so far!