Well, I'm usually the one who surprises people, but sometimes my surprises are disappointing. As well as now.
The photos I made are just way to simple, just the same thing you're going find by googling photokina 2010.
I was there the first time and I had only 3 hours. Definitely not enough time to see everything, I just checked out the technological part and mostly only leading companies. And I think there were just too many people and not that much new announcments to fullfill the lot.
First I checked out Canon. Canon at photokina meant that Europe (Germany) had a first glance at the 60D, and I really like it's ability for a built-in wireless flash trigger. That be really nice, just take off the Speedlight and hold it in the hand and already you're controlling the shadows.
New L wide angle.
Also I enjoyed a couple of shots out of their new telephoto primes. (BTW anyone know how to turn on wireless remote shooting on a 1Ds? I wanted to see how they performed at f/22 and so on, but the tripods were shaky. I had my remote for my 400D, but how to enable it on that camera, dunno).
Then I moved on to Panasonic with their new 3D cameras. I don't believe in the life-span of illusive 3D and I am eagerly waiting for hologrammic 3D, so I didn't really pay much attention, considering there were tons of people at the stands.
Leika had a gianourmous place but nothing new(?). Really, I was surprised.
Hasselblad. Making photos of a Ferrari with there new 200mp model. Meh.
Nikon. There's been talk about the D7000, seen it, but didn't touch it. Too many people were trolling around it. But it looked pretty descent.
Also some kinda dude talking about putting flashguns under the roof of a swimming pool. Also he said that " If everyone around you is shooting with a 300mm lens, you should be shooting with a 400mm". Not that many people around me usually, but this might be a heads up for the pros. He had some nice shots.
Pentax surprised me with there new SLR's. They handled noise pretty well. Or maybe I just got used to my 400D.
Some kind of Silvestri was bugging me to try out there panoramic cameras. What kinda of panorama can I make between booths?
Sigma nuked people with a 46mp camera. SD1. And you thought the MP wars were over?
And of course Fujifilm released there new X100. You can hear it and feel it in the air here in Cologne. I think that camera is a powerful move.
But I don't see much future for it on the pro market. Am I wrong? Don't pros always want to walk around with full-format or have a 300mm on there cropped sensor rather than this? Looks nice for those who want customization on a compact. I'd definitely prefer this to Canons G11.