What's new

Photoshoot on the Beach... Comments?

D-B-J

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Apr 13, 2010
Messages
9,027
Reaction score
2,175
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm not too impressed... it's nowhere near my typical level of portraiture.. hmmmm :(:(

Kelli by f_one_eight, on Flickr




Cheers,
Jake
 
So it is that lackluster, huh..?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Maybe, more warmer tone. I think the bottom crop is too tight.

The pose sucked, and it was a less-than-flattering angle of her upper arm...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Yes, looks like the left shoulder is lifted or scrunched upward to make the rolls in the neck stand out more. The hair camera right could have been groomed.

Exactly things I would not have thought about before taking the shot. Maybe take along a notepad to remind you of things to look for.
 
I personally like beach portraits to be nice and bright, this one looks a little underexposed by a smidge. But again that's just my preference. Also second everything said above about the post.
 
Yes, looks like the left shoulder is lifted or scrunched upward to make the rolls in the neck stand out more. The hair camera right could have been groomed.

Exactly things I would not have thought about before taking the shot. Maybe take along a notepad to remind you of things to look for.

My novice-ness must have shined through on this one. [emoji106] haha

Jake


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I can see by the way she's sitting that her posture was not good for a photo. The shoulders scrunched up and the neck is not taut...it's gonna be tough to make a flattering shot with her shoulders, neck, and head in that type of posture. You needed her to be standing, tall, with neck up, and her chin somewhat projecting, and with the camera position higher up, to counter the double chin effect. Have you seen Peter Hurley's video about ,"It's All About The Jaw?"

Beside that, the lighting is very broadly sweeping across her entire face, making it look full, and wide, and round. This type of lighting pattern is illuminating not just the mask of her face, but every square millimeter of her face and neck and jaw.

Look at the 5:39 mark.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I can't tell that it's a beach...
 
I can see by the way she's sitting that her posture was not good for a photo. The shoulders scrunched up and the neck is not taut...it's gonna be tough to make a flattering shot with her shoulders, neck, and head in that type of posture. You needed her to be standing, tall, with neck up, and her chin somewhat projecting, and with the camera position higher up, to counter the double chin effect. Have you seen Peter Hurley's video about ,"It's All About The Jaw?"

Beside that, the lighting is very broadly sweeping across her entire face, making it look full, and wide, and round. This type of lighting pattern is illuminating not just the mask of her face, but every square millimeter of her face and neck and jaw.

Look at the 5:39 mark.


I have so much to learn..


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom