Photoshop Plug-ins for noise reduction

Lazy Photographer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
lazyphotographer.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Does anyone have any experience with Topaz DeNoise? I see they just released DeNoise 4 and was thinking maybe to pick it up. Are there other noise reduction plug-ins that are better?

While on the question of plug-ins, I recall reading somewhere about a plug-in for black and white conversion that's supposed to be great. It allows you to choose which type of film you want your photos to look like when converting them to b & w. Does anyone use this?

Thanks.

I remember that two popular programs/plug-ins were Noise Ninja & Neat Image. I used a trial version of Neat Image for a while, but didn't bother to use it much.

I use Imagenomics Noiseware Pro plug-in. www.imagenomic.com

Scott Kelby the Photoshop guru also recommends Noiseware Pro.

I also have the Topaz suite but usually use Noiseware Pro rather than Topaz DeNoise.

I use Imagenomics Noiseware Pro plug-in. www.imagenomic.com

Scott Kelby the Photoshop guru also recommends Noiseware Pro.

I also have the Topaz suite but usually use Noiseware Pro rather than Topaz DeNoise.
thanks for the recommendation. i've never been able to figure out noise ninja. i'll give this a shot.

I used Noise Ninja (still do some) but have the Topaz suite so got the upgrade for free. I am looking forward to trying it on really noisy shots. Some folks are discussing it over at DPreview.

When ACDSee Pro went to V3, the noise reduction in their develop/non destructive editing function is pretty impressive. So I most often use that as it usually meets my needs.

As for BW conversion, it sounds like you are describing Nik Sliver Efex Pro. It's REALLY nice. I had a trial to try it out, but didn't buy it (spent money on other things), but do think I will end up getting it eventually.

Thanks guys, that's all great info. The chatter on the dpreview forum is very positive, too. I think I'll download the free trial and taker 'er for a spin in the dark.

The other day I came across an eight-part tutorial on how to fix problems with digital photographs, and how to remove noise. I used some of these techniques yesterday, and they worked great for removing noise. Take a look here http://lnkd.in/CK7e_h

Have Fun,
Jeff

The other day I came across an eight-part tutorial on how to fix problems with digital photographs, and how to remove noise. I used some of these techniques yesterday, and they worked great for removing noise. Take a look here http://lnkd.in/CK7e_h

Have Fun,
Jeff

Looks awesome, Jeff, thanks.

Most reactions

Back