Corry

Flirtacious and Bodacious
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
corryttc.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Don't know if this is the right place to post this, but if not, the mods can move it! I opened up my photoshop today to edit some pics I took earlier, and all the pictures look extremely dark! If I view them in windows viewer, they look normal. Why would this happen? Is there a photoshop setting I may have accidentally messed up? I don't understand why it would look perfectly normal if I open it with one program, but suddenly so dark if I open it with PhotoShop?

what format are the files?

i've noticed that anything in cmyk mode, especially tiffs, look really different outside of photoshop. besides that, photoshop is about the only program that displays images in 32bit color, when my monitor is set to 16bit color mode.

if the files came straight out of the camera, then that's wierd. maybe it's a problem with RAW?
maybe try hitting ctrl+y, might be something fishy with the proof colors (check in "view" menu for more)

those are all my guesses :?

I've never had a problem with this before, and I don't think any settings have been changed. They are jpegs and ps is set to RGB mode. It's just like...an all of the sudden thing. All my pics looked fine two days ago.

You might check depending on which version of PS you have I use PS 6.0 and it installed a program in my control panel called Adobe Gamma which is a set up you go through to set the gamma and contrast on your monitor. I know in the past using PS on another computer I would adjust the levels on a photo in Paint Shop and then when i opened it in photoshop it was way off compared to setting the correctly in another program.

So if you have a full version of PS you should have that in your control panel. That might help with what you are talking about.

You might check depending on which version of PS you have I use PS 6.0 and it installed a program in my control panel called Adobe Gamma which is a set up you go through to set the gamma and contrast on your monitor. I know in the past using PS on another computer I would adjust the levels on a photo in Paint Shop and then when i opened it in photoshop it was way off compared to setting the correctly in another program.

So if you have a full version of PS you should have that in your control panel. That might help with what you are talking about.

Most reactions

Back