Pick the best picture

hogpen

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm entering in a photo contest for work and one of the categories is "Landscape." Which photo below do you think I should enter? I can only pick one photo and would appreciate your thoughts.

$4.jpg

$13333.jpg

$CloseSunset-Copy.jpg

$Sunset.jpg

$IMG_0919.jpg

$21444.jpg

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
I really like the water scenes but in the last photo I believe you captured many different levels of landscape which makes it the most appealing for me.

I like #3 best. It is relatively simple and the colours are fairly decent. The only "nit" I have with it is that the horizon is a bit tilted to the right. My 0.02¢ FWIW.

Just remember that no matter what suggestions you get here on TPF, you have to feel "happy" with the submission for the contest.

WesternGuy

No.4 is my favourite!

I think the road looks too distracting in no.1

No.5 is nice.

No. 3 the sun looks odd!

Nice pics though!!

Thanks for all the input! I added one more of a tree in canola fields, it's probably not my favorite though.

The mountain village or the lighthouse and the rock jetty shot are probably the two most beautiful "conventional" pictures out of the selection shown. My gut feeling is that unless "work" is a place populated with artistic types, the sunset lighthouse and rock jetty would be a winner, of at least SOME kind of prize or notation.

I'd go with #5, unless you can't bring back the blown highlights in the sky. To me, that scene has the most depth and originality.

Thanks for all the input! I added one more of a tree in canola fields, it's probably not my favorite though.
This one is not too bad, but the colours look a little off for some reason. The sky has a slight purplish caste to it and the canola doesn't look the right colour/shade of yellow. From a compositional perspective, I think you have cropped the top a bit close on the tree and I would place the tree offset on the "thirds" line either right or left - I would actully place it on the right, because you have the distant tree on the left - maybe it gets cropped out though(?). Good luck with the contest. Please post back with your choice and let us know how the contest went.

WesternGuy

3 or 4. Love sunset photos. The problem is that there are too many of them. Yours must be unique in some way..

Number 3 for me. Number 6 would be a close second if the tree had not been centered.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back