What's new

Pickup

icassell

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Jun 7, 2008
Messages
9,899
Reaction score
15
Location
Arizona
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
IMG_8227-Edit.jpg



IMG_8185-Edit.jpg



IMG_8183-Edit.jpg



IMG_8181-Edit.jpg



IMG_8179-Edit.jpg



IMG_8240-Edit.jpg



No, they're not mine ... I spent the morning at the new Musical Instrument Museum in Scottsdale, AZ.

http://www.themim.org/
 
Last edited:
Bump
 
It's brand new -- just opened at the end of April. It's right next to the Mayo Clinic on Mayo Drive. Check out http://www.themim.org
 
Bumpidee bump
 
I like the third one.

But honestly, bumping your own thread several times in the same day is kind of...... well, you know. :er:
 
But honestly, bumping your own thread several times in the same day is kind of...... well, you know. :er:

Well, I do know. It's called wanting some comment after 68 views. Thanks.
 
But honestly, bumping your own thread several times in the same day is kind of...... well, you know. :er:

Well, I do know. It's called wanting some comment after 68 views. Thanks.


But screaming "look at me, look at meeeeeeee!" doesnt attract real c&c. Fishing is for seafood, not compliments. :hugs:

I think Id like a couple of these more if you tried some different angles. These are all very straightforward so all you really have to work with is comp.
 
I'm not looking for compliments. I'm looking for comments and/or critique. Your comment about angle is appreciated. Thanks.
 
The bridge on that Gretsch is really interesting. Is this place close enough to go to again?
 
Oh yes. It's only a couple of miles from my house. It's a bit pricey to get in, but I plan on going again. It's a lot of fun. You wear headphones and as you walk from exhibit to exhibit, you hear the instruments. The exhibits have videos of the instruments being played. The place is divided by regions of the world and each of those regions is divided by country. They claim to have >10K instruments in the collection.

http://www.themim.org
 
Wow, that looks like a really cool place! So much subject material.
 
Yes. My guitar images are only a small part of what I got. There are no restrictions on cameras -- just no flash (and I didn't ask about tripods). The place is also reasonably well lit as museums go.
 
No flashes, hmmm. Looks like ideal shooting grounds for a Gorillapod. :thumbup:
 
the third one is the winner for sure, but you should go back and retake it and not cut off the Gretsch logo. even missing a letter its a wonderful picture. The picture of the stratocaster is pretty bland, but it's also stacked in with all the crazy colorful guitars, which may have more to do with it. good material though!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom