Pics from Hawaii (NOT WORK SAFE AT ALL) **Part 1**

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by Moscovite, Oct 3, 2006.

1. zedin

zedin TPF Supporters Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Basically what others have said.. The biggest thing that jumped out at me was the lighting and shadows. The first two could have used either a very very light fill flash or a reflector to lighten up the shadows on her. Their third one needed a lot of fill flash or additional lighting from somewhere to lighten up that shade. What lens where you shooting with? Like others have said the horizion is not level but I also noticed it looks a bit curved (aka wide lens). If possible you might try shooting at 50mm (or equivalent for your digital) to make the horizon more of a straight line.

2. morydd

morydd TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    my wife noticed that part of the rock in the third picture shows between her legs and is distracting. The other critiques are good ones, but I think you're off to a good start.

3. zombiekilla

zombiekilla TPF Noob!

I was just going to say that! I would deff. consider photoshopping that out! :lol:

4. mysteryscribe

mysteryscribe TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    but but the rock is well lit

5. df3photo

df3photo TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I dont think I need to restate anything that was said above... One thing I will say is since you have a willing and beautiful model to work with, Play around with lighting (indoors, outdoors, availible and natural) and posses. look at other poses on the net that work well and recreate some of them. Watch things like missing bodyparts and skin wrinkles and keep an eye on distracting backgrounds and props. AND ABOVE ALL......have fun with it!
    Keep up the good work! & Keep up making the good work better!

6. MommyOf4Boys

MommyOf4Boys TPF Noob!

I totally have to agree with the rest on #3. The part of the rock between her legs was the first thing I noticed when I previewed them. Just a simple photoshop cloning will eliminate that.

7. Moscovite

Moscovite TPF Noob!

You know, I've been staring at those photos for a while... hell, I TOOK THEM... and I JUST noticed the rock... You guys are good! You, you have a gift, my friend ('Analyze This' reference :) )

I also have a thread on the Critique page, comments on those are welcome as well http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60822

Also, check these out! I looked through some of the other pics and wanted to get opinions on those as well. The first one is a bit 'raunchy', I'm truly sorry if anyone thinks I crossed the line.... Again, opinions are very much appreciated and welcome...

http://i15.ebayimg.com/04/i/08/89/cd/c8_10.JPG

http://i6.ebayimg.com/05/i/08/8b/22/92_10.JPG

http://i22.ebayimg.com/02/i/08/8d/b1/27_10.JPG

Obviously, the first one was from HI, but the last two are from a shoot we did at home.

8. df3photo

df3photo TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I like the second one except for her open hand. for some reason my eye is drawn to that and it doesnt seem to fit the pose for me... possibly if some fingers where turned in or grasping the sheet.
    The other two pictures came up with a "Not Found" error... So I didnt get to view them.
    good work by the way!

9. Moscovite

Moscovite TPF Noob!

O, sorry bout the dead links. They were saved on the ebay's server and I didn' feel comfortable--found out their (along with paypal's) security is horrible. Didn't want pics of my fiance showing goods :lmao: to show up an one of those sites. She just yelled "at least not for free" and broke out laughing....

Anyway, if you want to offer critique, I can send them to you, or I may start thinking about a different location to store them... BRW, any suggestions?

10. ckrieg

ckrieg TPF Noob!

11. bitteraspects

bitteraspects TPF Noob!

i cant see it... :(

where in hawaii was it taken?

12. Moscovite

Moscovite TPF Noob!

ckrieg: THANKS, that guy does some cool stuff!

BitterAspects: Molokai is where we took these, (I sent them to your email) it wasn't intended as a serious shoot, we were just having fun...