Piece of Cake

dbvirago

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.brooksimages.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Asking a lot today and I appreciate the feedback. These are a couple from Saturday. All C&C welcome, but I'm mostly curios about the WB. I forgot to shoot a grey card until it was too late. (and now I've just finished eating the cake, so it's really too late.) I'm thinking somewhere between the two?

$_MG_5203.jpg

$_MG_5192.jpg

That looks so good!!!!

I agree the WB should be somewhere between the two. I'd argue the top is under exposed, which isn't helping matters.

I don't care for how some of the subjects, and supporting characters are cut off. In the first th coffe mugs handle is cut to short nubs, and the whole image then feels like the camera listed to the right. Similar wit the second. Why crop right at the icing? It's the BEST part!

It's made me hungry so it's a good photo!

I agree the WB should be somewhere between the two. I'd argue the top is under exposed, which isn't helping matters.

I don't care for how some of the subjects, and supporting characters are cut off. In the first th coffe mugs handle is cut to short nubs, and the whole image then feels like the camera listed to the right. Similar wit the second. Why crop right at the icing? It's the BEST part!

You're right. Noticed the cup while shooting, I have another where the whole cup is there and several other comps, I just grabbed one of each WB. These are SOOC, no processing other than convert to jpg, so I'll brighten and straighten. Didn't want to start processing until I figured out the WB. I'll come back and post the best when done. Thanks a lot, all

And yes, the cake was very good.

OK, here is where I ended up. Better? Is it still underexposed? I need to create a space where I can build a larger set without distractions in the bg.

Thanks again for comments.

$Carrot Cake and Coffee.jpg

Most reactions

Back