Pikes Peak Photo Sequence

drdan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
thegoodsleepstore.com
I was watching the storms move over the Peak, Sunday before last and realized I had a sequence of sorts of the storms forming and dissipating. The first picture is right after one storm has just disappeared and before the next one starts in 5 to 10 minutes. If you'll notice you can still see a good bit of snow falling on the front of the mountain, in the sunlight, after the storm has totally disappeared. A "sun flurry"? That's the misty look on the front of the mountain mostly left of center. The next pics are in the order taken and I reduced resolution way down so they would load.

DSC08263re650.jpg

Storm forming in the north side of the Peak as the front behind it, which is moving north to south (right to left in picture), catches part of the Peak and is forced upward enough to start dumping it's load of moisture.

DSC08357re650.jpg

Building

DSC08361re650.jpg

Engulfed. You can see the right corner of Pikes Peak in the right center, mostly behind the brush. Resolution isn't good I just wanted to show the event.

DSC08368re650.jpg

Clearing again, waiting for the next. The whole thing took less than ten minutes. The open rocky part of the Peak is about 7-10 miles wide and about 15 miles from the camera.

DSC08371re650.jpg

Hey nice series drdan. I like the last one best. Storms and bad weather make for interesting pictures don't they? :wink:

Those cloud swirl patterns with the great mountain background...just teriffic!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back