Pinhole photography,just started,need help with the whole developing thing

Autochrome

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Im new here.I got interested in pinhole photography as a hobby but I need a some help.I can make the camera out of a shoe box or a water flavor pack box,Im prefering to use B&W photo paper,but I have a few questions.

1.Is there photo paper that doesn't need developing?

If there isn't any...

2.Is it possible to use a red light bulb as a darkroom light?

I know the whole proccess of developing (developer,water,fixer,then water) but Im confused by the whole contact printing process (I prefer not to use an enlarger)......

3.Do I just put the negative over a blank photo paper and put a glass over the two?

4.After I got a positive from the contact printing is that all I have to do with the positive or is there other stuff that I have to do to it?

I may have a few questions but thats all thats in my mind.I know the whole pinhole photography is to get used to but I will have fun doing it.

Much thanks!

Ok,pretty much got question #3 after some research but I still need to know question 1,2,and 4.I have very little experience in photography and I need to know all this.Im sorry if I sound a bit ignorant about all this.I want expert advice before I get into this.

I want expert advice before I get into this.
Those experts are here:

Film Discussion and Q & A
Questions or comments about film photography belong here! Plus, discussions and how-to’s on various films, film cameras and other analog-based products.

It looks like your space bar is only working intermittantly,

1. no

2. a photo bulb not just any red light

3. yes however, adding or removing contrast is going to create some issues for you . Be sure the emulsion side of the paper and the emulsion side of the negative are facing each other.

4. Basically, yes, unless you want to contact the print (positive) with another piece of enlarging paper which will create a negative image.

Let me understand, your going to use paper in the pin hole camera?, or film.

If you use paper, you need to load the paper and remove after exposing in the darkroom under SAFE LIGHT, then process . There is no need to go any further.

If you using film, then you need to load the film and unload it in COMPELETE DARKNESS, and process in darkness, then you can take the dry negative and make a contract print from there.

What do you think about a digital pinhole camera? Is it really the same as the classic's and are there people buying it?!

No, imho, it isn't the same. As digital doesn't have the same look as film it holds true for pinhole; and some folks may play around with taking a lens cap and putting a pin hole in the cap and trying it out.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back