Pixmedics Photo Contest XII "The END"

I sadly came upon this poor fawn during my walk with my dog. It seemed to have been injured on the top of its head and left by its mother. I dared not get any closer for fear of our scent being left behind, just in case I was mistaken. Life taken before it is truly given, it was a sad discovery.
_CJH4736.jpg

Since ive been working the last 5 nights and haven't gotten to wrap this up, im going to leave this contest open until i get off work at 0700 tomorrow.

Ill start the selection process when i get home.

Last call

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

and the wiener, i mean winner is....

@Jeff G with

mummy1 by Jeff Goff, on Flickr

PM me your infos if you would like a gift card.
alternatively (and conveniently) if you have paypal, just send me your paypal address and i will send as a gift.

P.S.
your sarcophagus shot was amazing. i would have used that one for this contest.

Congrats Jeff, a cracking shot and very well done.

I sadly came upon this poor fawn during my walk with my dog. It seemed to have been injured on the top of its head and left by its mother. I dared not get any closer for fear of our scent being left behind, just in case I was mistaken. Life taken before it is truly given, it was a sad discovery.

Just to randomly drop in but a doe (female deer) will leave their young curled up and hidden and then the adult will head away from the fawn in an attempt to lure predators away with her own body and scent; returning to the fawn later. So this one might well not have been abandoned at all ,but simply left to hide up. They also do it when the mother has to go feed.

Congrats, Jeff

Wow! I honestly didn't think I would win, lots of great entry's! I would like to thank our gracious host for sponsoring the contest and every one who participated because that's what makes it fun.

Thanks again! :bouncingsmileys:

Congrats Jeff.

Congrats Jeff. And with the official "end" of this contest, I submit...a photo appropriate for a contest of "the end"...the last person in the Dixieland band, a tuba player with a big butt bringing up the end of the line after the music has stopped!

DSC_6413.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back