What's new

play

bribrius

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Jan 12, 2014
Messages
8,708
Reaction score
1,312
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
.
 
Last edited:
#2 is pretty good!

Tilted frame and all.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Banned
  • #3
#2 is pretty good!

Tilted frame and all.
thanks. taking a break from the church steeple buildings. My small self complaint with 2 is the sun positioning left too much of a gap between the sneakers and shadow. i kind of had a feeling no would see what i saw in 1. i only had a couple tries too that isnt my kid. i needed it color for the pink sneakers too even though bw would have brought out the background. I have a rotortiller blade pic too, call it mental release. :lol:
 
#1 is too blurry to make it worth more than just a quick look.
 
Just nominated Play #2 for photo of the month - May

The image address did not work, so somebody with greater understanding than I should probably fix it.
 
I am smitten with this image and woke up thinking I should jot down my thoughts for others to read out of concern that others may tend to overlook this shot.

We have the dynamic of diagonals, both in lines and in balance, but those diagonals are opposed! which makes them even more dynamic. We see a child's feet which are in motion-blur, just enough blur, but not so much that it loses definition. The "off-stride" kicking lends an air of human interest.

The child's feet might be a mystery if it were not for the shadow which illustrates what is happening. The shadow is oddly somewhat less blurry than the feet, and is about as well-defined as shadows ever are on rough ground.

The tilted frame is a perfect example of when a tilted frame actually helps a photograph, because in this shot it actually accentuates the motion of swinging.

The B&W conversion is the perfect choice for presentation because it serves to emphasize form, line, texture, balance, and intrigue possibly in a way that the color version would not do as well.
 
I fixed your nom D.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Banned
  • #8
Designer. Sorry, slipped my mind. Apologize for the deletion.

I would actually like to withdraw the photo. Appreciate your nomination. Thankyou
 
Last edited:
Designer. Sorry, slipped my mind. Apologize for the deletion.

I would actually like to withdraw the photo. Appreciate your nomination. Thankyou
What's the problem, man ? Now I would like to see them... :(
 
I think the rest of us deserve an explanation...

What happened? Where are the pictures? Bribrious got nominated?

What else did I miss in these two days!?
 
really nothing to see here. After a accidental deletion I was asked to replace it for the nomination and had intended to I just forgot to. in the mean time I have decided to go spring cleaning (house cleaning) as I hadn't been being cautious enough of what I was posting. in which it is easier deleting everything than sorting through. There was the occasional one I put up which really was never intended to go online. This had been one of them. upon further consideration it seemed easiest just to not repost it and withdraw the photo.

I apologize for the inconvenience and will make effort to not make such mistakes in the future. I have a distinct line of what I take for photos and which ones go on the internet and into public view. Occasionally that line gets blurred. This has nothing to do with the site. There are two other sites I also am reckoning with now over my inability to pay attention to what im doing.

Again, apologies.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom