Playing Around with the new SB-600

Stradawhovious

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well, the youngest rugrat wanted me to snap some pics of him yesterday since Mom and the other monster were out shopping. I decided to play around with the SB-600 a little, and go for the "flashlight-under-the-chin-telling-ghost-stories-around-the-campfire" type look. The SB-600 was placed at the edge of the Kitchen table facing straight up, set to 1/100 power, and I had him stand on a chair directly above it and waited until he got tired of making silly faces and goofy grins.

I realize that it's not going to be hanging on the wall at the Smithsonian anytime soon, but it was a lot of fun, and I think it turned out pretty neat.

C&C isn't necessary, but if between your fits of laughter at my "extreem photographist skillz" you see fit to give me some advice on things, I'm all ears. :D

P.S. much of the detail of the hair (all the way up to the top of the head) and other details of the face have been lost in photobucket. The focus on the original seems to be nutz on sharp, but not here. What a shame. Also, aside from minor cropping, this is straight from the camera.

041.jpg

Nothing?

Hurumph.

Seems I have some work to do. :er:

The photo is ok, but I'm honestly more interested in the SB-600... how do you like it?

sb600 is a must buy for the beginner strobist. I absolutely love mine, definitely worth the money

The photo is ok, but I'm honestly more interested in the SB-600... how do you like it?

I'm the wrong guy to ask. I bought it on the recommendation of about a dozen seasoned photographers, and so far I like it. I don't know anything about it yet though, since its my first experience with a flash that doesn't "pop-up"........

I've read through the manual a couple of times, and have learned the basics of it, but still don't know near enough to make a recommendation. Ask me in a couple of months after ive taken the off-camera strobe class is signed up for, and had some time to practice what I have learned.

Geaux seems to like it well enough though, as well as many other folks here.....

Most reactions

Back