Playing with my new toy.

That lens isnt as easy to use as some people make it look. lol i thought it would be alot easier the day i got it but i was wrong. needs lots 'n lots of practice. im getting there though. Id invest in some lighting equipment if you dont already have any. itll help out ALOT. good luck and happy shooting with that fine piece of glass!

I've got all kinds of lighting equipment, just need to quit being lazy and use it. I'm trying, I'm trying. I've got a ring light that I've never used, think I'll put in on this evening and see what I can find.

nice first pics. although now your making me leaning even closer to going out and buying one now on impulse as its a lens that ive been looking into for a while now.

garboui: c'mon wallet can we? :)
wallet: umm, not a chance.
garboui: bah, stupid wallet, what do you know.

I had an old Phoenix 100 mm macro that I bought some 10-12 years ago to go on my Elan IIe. It was ok and I took a lot of shots with it. Quality was so-so. I was looking to upgrade to another telephoto but realized that I really like to shoot macro so I went ahead and got this instead. I really do like it, but I'm having to teach myself macro photography all over again. I can't blame so-so shots on the lens now. I'll post some more decent shots as I get them.

Lighting is key ... get that ringlight out and try it (I'm building a DIY ringflash as we speak ....). Focus/DOF on that guy is good, and that is one hurdle that took me a long time.

Most reactions

Back