Please: C&C From Newbs & Vets Alike (3 pics)

mshervey

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I'm new here and really enjoy this site. First, I'd like to thank everyone here. I've been lurking, reading and learning and finally got a dslr (been using a real crappy P&S) and took it out for a spin.

Had to bribe the girls to pose so I could get a feel for my camera and brush up on rusty skills. C&C is welcome, I'll never learn otherwise. TIA

Obligatory RR track shot. Teens still like them.
Just natural light. And yes, she does have hands.
P9140472.jpg

My first try at off camera lighting. Blue gel in tunnel, 1/4 CTO strobe camera right, bare strobe camera left.
P9140565-2.jpg

Discovered that my expensive dslr really can't focus at night very well. Had to use my cars headlights on highbeam behind me to help the camera focus. Shoot thru umbrella camera left, bare strobe camera right.
P9160706-2.jpg

4 days
0 help

Guess I do not know the secret hand shake.
Off to friendlier places.

4 days
0 help

Guess I do not know the secret hand shake.
Off to friendlier places.

You have to understand that not every one here feels like they are qualified to post up a critique. Some come here and lurk to learn off of others. Some only post up positive comments. There is no way to know who has looked at your images, could have been 67 lurkers. In four days this is the first time I have even seen them. Too bad you are off, there are people here who's critiques will help.

I usually give comments, not to many critiques but Ill try

#1 A little too centered for my taste, but being centered the tracks are not parallel, and cutting her hands in half is unpleasing to my eye and the lighting seems a little flat.

#2 looks ok

#3 the crop has cut her off at the knee, hot spot on her chin, and it looks a little flat to me too.

Hope it helps.

I agree with previous post. I like the pictures. 2 looks really good to me. My teen likes the RR shots too. Nice Job

It always amuses me to see someone post up some pictures and when they don't get an immediate flood of responses, they flip out and throw out sarcastic remarks and then go on to some other forum. I guess it's all in the attitude, but when I post something up that gets no responses, I think, "Man, that must be a bad shot... What can I do to make it response worthy?" not, "OMG this place is MEAN!!1 I"m LEAVING!"

*shrug* That said, I can't see the pictures anyway, maybe he took them down because we are not very friendly?

Most reactions

Back