Plymouth Church II

1hdr4u

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I tried to process this shot of Plymouth Church in Des Moines so as not to have it show that "overdone" look. As I said I'm still learning the HDR process and trying to learn how to use the settings on Photomatix. I adjusted the saturation down and lowered some other settings like color saturation and some other settings that I felt were set wrong, so I hope I'm getting closer to a better looking image. The comments and suggestions I've been getting have been helpful.

Attachments

• $Church New Setting Resized.jpg
    $Church New Setting Resized.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 105
Compositionally, I would've liked to have seen more of the church and less of the sky. F'rinstace: The bottoms of the doors, on the right, are cut off. Was the photo cropped that way, or were they just not in the shot?

You've got some serious banding going on in the blue sky. Are you shooting raw in the field and using those raw files to generate the HDR, or are you shooting jpeg and starting out with 8-bit files?

I took the photo that way so I didn't crop it. I know that compositely it's
not spot on but I'm more concerned with your opinion of how I did with it
process wise. As I said I'm still learning the HDR method and hope my photos
are coming out well in that department.

You've got some serious banding going on in the blue sky. Are you shooting raw in the field and using those raw files to generate the HDR, or are you shooting jpeg and starting out with 8-bit files?[/
QUOTE]

I'm using the jpeg setting in my camera because when I take photos in raw mode they won't display on my computer.

I'm using the jpeg setting in my camera because when I take photos in raw mode they won't display on my computer.

You just need to download the (free) codec that will allow you to view them.

Besides, your camera came with software that will, at least, display the raw files, if not perform some simple editing to them.

You just need to download the (free) codec that will allow you to view them.

Besides, your camera came with software that will, at least, display the raw files, if not perform some simple editing to them.

Is that why I'm getting that banding in the sky in my photo, because I'm not using raw files?

Is that why I'm getting that banding in the sky in my photo, because I'm not using raw files?

Maybe. It may also be a result of the choices you make in post.

Lots of banding in the sky. Processing is actually cool. It looks like a 3D rendered image for a video game.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back