Politics: Strait of Taiwan (video)

molested_cow

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
img24.photobucket.com
Here's an interview between Taiwan's opposition party leader(former),the current presidential election candidate, and the BBC.

This interview was carried out before he announced his run for the presidency.

Tell me what you think of this whole situation, your impression on both Taiwan and China, from your foreign perspectives.

Thanks

Link: http://video.yahoo.com/video/play?vid=341884&fr=

Think you might find that this runs contrary to the ethos of the "Off Topic Chat" forum - A place to talk about anything outside the topic of photography - but please keep your political and religious views to yourself. Enjoy!

I wonder what the possibility or likliehood is towards a politics/debate sub-forum? And maybe restricting it, if possible, to those whose profile is above 15 or 16 years old or something so it doesn't disturb the family atmosphere we strive for at TPF.

I'd be comfortable with that. I know it's always a risk that this sort of thing can stir up emotions and at times throws out some very polarised views, but on the other hand, some of the most interesting political views I've seen were on a music production forum. I'd expect to see a similar level of debate on here.

OK I missed that part of the rule. Sorry about that.

I am not here to argue, but just curious what foreigners' perspective on this issue may be. afterall, this interview was done by BBC, therefore the questions asked were from foreign perspectives. Delete at will.

It does seem that there is some interest in a forum for the "forbidden" topics on here. I'm not familiar with how Vbulletin works, but I would think that a forum which was hidden to guests, and accessable only by being given access after agreeing to some ground rules would be possible.

Although I have heard mention that the forums accessable to paying member are somewhat less restrictive.

A place to talk about anything outside the topic of photography - but please keep your political and religious views to yourself. Enjoy!
Thank you Chirs, for bringing this up.

We don't like to be restrictive around here...but politics (& religion) is just one of those subjects that easily and all too often gets carried away. For this reason, we feel that it's better to have a moratorium on the subject and steer clear of any unpleasant arguments. I'm sure there are other places where political debate is acceptable and encouraged.

Although I have heard mention that the forums accessible to paying member are somewhat less restrictive.
Bingo!

So no chance of us plebs achieving the impossible in getting the TPF pantheon to acquiesce with a non-paying sub-forum? ;)

You could always post a suggestion into the feedback forum.

You could always post a suggestion into the feedback forum.

or 'cough up the dough'.....

2.gif

:lol::lol:

pascal

Most reactions

Back