Polly World Series - My First Attempt At Still Life

Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I know there are a lot. You don't have to C&C all of them... or any of them I suppose. Maybe just pick your favourite? I've put up 3 different threads with photos and got no responses on 2 of them, and only a few on the other one, hopefully this thread wont flop like the rest.

Just to let you know, these were done with my D90 and an 18-105 AF Nikkor lens-- For lights I just used a shop light with a 100watt bulb. Unfortunately I can't afford to buy lights right now, so I tried to make due with that.

Mainly, I was really really bored today, but feeling creative - as well as a bit childish lol.

_DSC0656.jpg

_DSC0663.jpg

_DSC0665.jpg

_DSC0669.jpg

_DSC0685.jpg

_DSC0709.jpg

_DSC0711.jpg

_DSC0718.jpg

This series is alot of fun and a cute concept. Composition is good and I think you did well with the lighting that you had. The shallow DOF helps considerably to make the viewer focus on the main characters in each image.

Thanks! Shooting this was fun, and there is so much more I could have done with it; there is a treehouse and a tent and a bunch of stuff inside the little house I could use-- but I was getting really frustrated with the light because I had to hand hold it for a LOT of the shots.

Light stands can be very inexpensive. You can also get clamp-on shop-light reflectors at Home Depot for under $20

Yeah, I used the clamp on shop light and latched it on to a kitchen chair, then rack on the side of the wall, and whatnot. I happened to have a white backdrop, and this shoot was very spontanious- I plan on buying a light stand though, I was actually thinking of even just buying a small strobe, something cheap just to have. I don't shoot still life very often - but it could be useful for my portraiture even though most of it is outdoors.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back