Ponte Torto, Venice

It seems the 2nd image is darker then what it should be, isn't it?

It seems the 2nd image is darker then what it should be, isn't it?

It would be if my intentions were to simply reflect the lighting of the colour version, but that wasn't my intent. I wanted it more contrasty, so used a yellow filter in Silver efex and chose the Pan 50 emulation as that introduced fine grain and a more contrasty finish. I used a little dodging on the light and the steps. The shot wouldn't work as well without the non functioning light as that is (in addition to the side lighting from an alley to the right) what creates the contrast in both shots. It's just more accentuated in the BW.

It would be if my intentions were to simply reflect the lighting of the colour version, but that wasn't my intent. I wanted it more contrasty, so used a yellow filter in Silver efex and chose the Pan 50 emulation as that introduced fine grain and a more contrasty finish. I used a little dodging on the light and the steps. The shot wouldn't work as well without the non functioning light as that is (in addition to the side lighting from an alley to the right) what creates the contrast in both shots. It's just more accentuated in the BW.

Ohh. Okay :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back