What's new

Pork Wellington

Don Kondra

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Dec 11, 2007
Messages
1,637
Reaction score
904
Location
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Stuffed with mozarella cheese, brown mushrooms, shrimp and green onions.

Filling.jpg


Onpuffpastry.jpg


Wrapped.jpg


Pufftenderlontwo.jpg


Cheers, Don
 
Some thoughts...

This is kind of a work in progress, I'll move to studio lights once I'm satisfied with the styling. For now this is on board flash with diffuser extended.

Styling wise, I'd like to see more of the browned pastry.

I let the pouch cool thinking the pasty would be easier to cut. The result is the cheese had cooled enough it didn't ooze out, sigh.

The cut happened to dissect a shrimp so the red exterior color was lost.

Potatoes could use a pat of butter or sour cream. Still thinking on a more visually pleasing way to cut the potatoes prior to roasting.

I think pan frying the mushrooms with pan gravy and plating them on the bottom right would complete the image.

Also the food is a little too far back on the plate.

The bonus is I get to eat my experiments
cool.gif


Cheers, Don
 
Looks yummy! Nicely done... but looking forward to the finished shots with soft lighting! Your ideas sound good.... maybe slice the Pork Wellington at a 45 degree angle, and place the slice at 90 degrees to the focal plane, that would give a nice presentation of the crust ?
 
Some thoughts from someone who is now hungry after looking at this.

Now that you've seen what happens have "spare parts" available.. have that piece of cooked shrimp ready to lay in so you can see it's color. Turn the main course slightly to see that browned pasty. A pat of butter would look better than sour cream, but you might have to soften the edges and melt a bit using a heat source since it would run too fast putting it on the hot food. I was guessing what the potatoes were until I read your explanation, perhaps turned a bit so you see some of the skins. There's something off about the asparagus sticking out into space, shorten the stalks a a bit perhaps? Brush the carrots with melted butter or oil so they don't look dry.

Consider setting up and practicing with the studio lights, you will see other things that show up that don't with what you are doing now.
 
Crap... I came back to this and now I'm hungry again. lol
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom