What's new

Portland Headlight Pano - Cropping help

Johnboy2978

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Oct 21, 2004
Messages
1,797
Reaction score
30
Location
Southwest Virginia
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took this series of images some time ago and was considering framing it as a 10x30. I have a better version on my other computer that has a couple more shots of the water on the left side which is cropped out here, and also is better edited as far as stitch lines and general color. If you were cropping this to a 10x30, would you have less of the mountain and more water or more like it is now?

portlandPanorama.jpg
 
I like it how it is now. The rocks add texture and height. The water would be more boring in my opinion.
 
Yes, I'm with Lyncca on this: also I would leave it like it is. I feel that the headland is your subject, more so than the sea. So there ... that's why ;).
 
Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Better with a tighter crop? I played with a bit and must agree that including more water makes it boring. I'm still not sure I like what I did here. It's too centered I think?

pano2web-1.jpg
 
This is a VERY tight crop now... brightness is somewhat more pleasing, this newer version looks more detailed, but the cropping in the first seems to be better.
 
I agree- first version hands down. In the second, you barely have any water plus the right hand edge of the crop didn't exclude that one tree/shrub. Mostly I don't like the foreground getting cut off.
 
1st version for me too.
Nice.
Craig.:sexywink:
 
Yup, crop of the first, brightness of the second.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom