Portrait and wedding website development

modlife

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Ok, so we're in the process of taking things to the next level and developing a website for our business.

What services are everyone using to proof/print/reprint/ship?

Collage.net seems decent but too pricey. Seems to me that there is probably a service that just takes a commission and the price of prints and allows integration into our site - where should I go?

Are there other options for integration into my website that will allow clients to log in and print/reprint only the photos they want to use without me spending $700/yr extra? Maybe we can justify something like that in the future, but not now.

I'm pretty decent at working Flash but don't know much about incorporating proofs/prints/checkout options for my client galleries so off-site hosting seems like the logical option.

Last edited:
Ok, so we're in the process of taking things to the next level and developing a website for our business....

After looking through sites I decided on Collage.net

I'll let everyone know what I think after I post a couple events.

I decided to do our website all myself. It does help that I'm a software developer and that we were just starting up when I did most of the website work, but having the option to tweak and change things around whenever we want is definitely a plus. Our website is http://www.LarissaPhotography.com . I'm still learning flash too. I think there will always be other ways I can improve, but I think that's part of the fun in owning your own business. There's always something new to learn.

I've heard some good things about Colleges.net...Mike Fulton (of TriCoast Photography) is always saying how much he likes them. It's a good system if you do enough business to justify the commission costs and don't have time (or don't want to) handle the ordering/shipping yourself. You just upload the photos, let the clients know and watch for the money to appear in your account.
They do take a good cut though. :(

Myself (and many other photographers that I know) have chosen to use Photocart (Photography Shopping Cart | Photocart | Photographer Flash Websites - Pictures Pro). It's an application that you buy once and load onto your website...so it's fully integrated into your site. It's very customizable and has a ton of options.
You do have to do the ordering and shipping yourself (or have someone do it) but the benefit is that you only pay for it once.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back