f/2.8
ISO 100
1/200 Sec.
24 - 70 mm - f/2.8G
66 mm

Flash SB 700 (OCF Right)

(Processed In LR & Color Efex Pro 4)

20180105-untitled-26-Edit-Edit-Edit-2-Edit.jpg

Thanks For Looking Any Comments/Criticism Will Be Appreciated.

Enezdez

Very nice! His eyes are a little lost, but that seems to be fitting in this case.
Maybe I noticed the highlights on his nose too soon.

A rather beautiful image, I think.

Not a fan of the low camera angle and low light position. Some call this Monster lighting. If you get a chance try it again with flash just above eye level and light at 45 degrees above level but stay with one light and short side lighting (as you did here).

Very nice! His eyes are a little lost, but that seems to be fitting in this case.

Thank you very much, I like it to be honest (I do not overly love it). However, since I really did not know what I was doing with the flash I am happy the way it turned out... I guess I should invest in a softbox & stand, it's just he is my only willing model. As a result, I am reluctant to make any investments in lighting equipment lol.

Thanks Again!

Enezdez

Not a fan of the low camera angle and low light position. Some call this Monster lighting. If you get a chance try it again with flash just above eye level and light at 45 degrees above level but stay with one light and short side lighting (as you did here).

Thanks for you input, I may try your suggestion at a future date!

Cheers,

Enezdez

It's obvious this wasn't meant to be a portrait, so yeah, I like the effect. You've reached outside the norm and created a look. I think this could be improved greatly if you could drag a little more detail in the eyes. Have you tried an adjustment brush in LR on just the eyes to raise the shadows? If you were to reshoot I think I'd try a reflector to bounce just a tad into the eyes. Another thought, if you crop at the top of the forehead, and just at the bottom of the chin the result is quite dramatic.

Thank you very much, I like it to be honest (I do not overly love it). However, since I really did not know what I was doing with the flash I am happy the way it turned out... I guess I should invest in a softbox & stand, it's just he is my only willing model. As a result, I am reluctant to make any investments in lighting equipment lol.

Thanks Again!

Enezdez

You have a lot right here so keep trying. As Smoke mentioned watch the light in the eyes.

Thanks Again!

Enezdez

You have a lot right here so keep trying. As Smoke mentioned watch the light in the eyes.

Thanks!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back