Pleasetakeitkind

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
2793049982_870b31c8fd.jpg

Shot on a Rolleiflex automat.
I absolutely love this camera..

Actually I think the bottom part of the bench definetly adds characterism to it. The color goes with the patch of brown on the cat and brings out the eye.

Well in my opinion which is worth less than nothing. It would be a more classic portrait and less an inspired snapshot with the crop but then again the opinion comes from the village idiot..

I find it interesting how i can choose the best time of day, position my subject exactly where i want, make sure the lighting is exactly the way i want it and shoot it on film, and yet my photo's still get regarded as "snapshots" or "accidents". I wonder what it is that i am doing wrong?

Well let me just toss this in as further justification of my crop and statement. I'm very old school and to me 'portrait' has a specific meaning. It isn't about the lighting thought that helps. It isn't about the cool background, though I'm sure that helps these days, it's about the subject. That was what I was trying to express.

If you took offense, I am sorry. I have not been here for months so if someone else called your work snapshot afraid I can't help you with that.

I'm not sure that I called anyone's work boring I generally try to be more constructive that that. I don't like critique that is generalized with labels. I don't believe in critique without some positive suggestion.

I find it interesting how i can choose the best time of day, position my subject exactly where i want, make sure the lighting is exactly the way i want it and shoot it on film, and yet my photo's still get regarded as "snapshots" or "accidents". I wonder what it is that i am doing wrong?

I actually think it's a pretty decent shot. The cat is very sharp, and the lighting is nice. I like that you can see the bottom of the stand, but I do think a slightly tighter crop would help, maybe to get rid of some of the dead space on top.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back