Portrait

a_scayola

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took this picture of my beautiful girlfriend :) while dining "al fresco" in South Beach, Miami. Does it kill the picture the fact that I "chopped" her head? I could only get that far back on my chair without her noticing that I wasn't just playing with my camera... Thanks for the comments!

CRW_6912-nn.jpg

Andres

as long as you don't crop off the chin you're ok.

This is ONE nice candid photo! Her smile is really natural and open and friendly and also shows in her eyes!
My only nitpick is the smalle part of room for her to look into on the right with so much room on the left, while she looks to the right. But since this is a candid... well done! Good use of light. I assume this is a handheld photo? Exposure was how long?

A great portrait. A candid portrait sometimes is the best. It captures the person in a natural pose not one you try have created. All photos should tell a story or show the persons personality if a portrait. You tell me much about her. She is kind, has a great sense of humor and is just an all around good person.

It looks a little soft from what seems like motion blur.

I agree with some blur, but I don't think the crop hurts it really. Great expression.

Camera Make: Canon
Camera Model: Canon EOS 10D
Image Date: 2007:01:19 15:12:08 never mind this. the time was 8 PM.DARK!
Flash Used: No
Focal Length: 50.0mm
Exposure Time: 0.050 s (1/20)
Aperture: f/2.0
ISO equiv: 1600
Exposure Bias: -0.50
Metering Mode: Center Weight
Exposure: aperture priority (semi-auto)

As you can see, I couldn't do much else about the motion blur/softness. Some of that was introduced by the noise-removing software, definitely necessary at 1600 ISO.

Thanks for the comments!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back