Portraits of Sarah

Concerning #3, I do feel it's the best of the set, but I also think the background is fighting her for attention... it's quite a bit lighter than she is and I actually think her face is underexposed. If you're using natural light, I'd underexpose a bit and bounce some light onto her face. The sun light on her shoulder is blowing out and this would remedy that, while also giving her face more interest, and the background less interest. This would be even easier to do with a strobe. Just my 2 cents.

Concerning #3, I do feel it's the best of the set, but I also think the background is fighting her for attention... it's quite a bit lighter than she is and I actually think her face is underexposed. If you're using natural light, I'd underexpose a bit and bounce some light onto her face. The sun light on her shoulder is blowing out and this would remedy that, while also giving her face more interest, and the background less interest. This would be even easier to do with a strobe. Just my 2 cents.

Ah, thank you for the advice, Bazooka. I see what you mean. I didn't have my reflector though, nor an assistant to hold it. The things I would do if I had a strobe...! Right after a new camera, it's my next most desired piece of equipment.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back