Post processing applications

ketan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi,
Currently I am using DPP 3.8 for most of my post processing needs.
Are Photoshop, Lightroom or other plugins are recommended for visibly better results?
What is the most widely used set of applications one must have?
Thanks
Ketan

Last edited:
A tough question, really. Between users of Aperture, Lightroom/Photoshop, Bibble and a host of other software applications... you'll find that users of each are usually pretty satisfied with the results they acheive. Each may have its own characteristics that make it arguagly better or worse than the next, but each is able to produce good results.

Personally, I primarily use Lightroom in tandem with Photoshop, Nik plug-ins, and Photomatix. This combo works superbly for me... allowing me to do just about anything I can possibly dream of. Lightroom for workflow, catalog management, and non-destructive, non-pixel-level editing... Photoshop for more advanced pixel-level editing, Nik transformations, and panorama stitching... Photomatix for HDR and exposure fusion.

There is probably any number of ways that various software applications could be used in tandem to achieve good results, though. It really boils down to what works for you. Don't hesitate to take advantage of those 30-day trials offered by most software companies.

If you have LR 3 then do you need any other application?

If you are not manipulating the pixels much you probably do not need anything else. LR3 can remove blemishes but not as well as PS

Hi,
Currently I am using DPP 3.8 for most of my post processing needs.
Are Photoshop, Lightroom or other plugins are recommended for visibly better results?
What is the most widely used set of applications one must have?
Thanks
Ketan
Visibly better results are usually up to the skill of the user more so than the software.

I use Photoshop Elements, Photoshop CS5, Photoshop Lightroom 3, products from Topaz Labs, Imagenomic, Nik software, onOne software, and some others.

Most reactions

Back