Post Processing CC

R6_Dude

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Please critique my PP please. I was trying to make the sky more pronounced and the colors stand out a bit more.

Here is the original shot.
IMG_99_68.jpg

Here is the PP.

I did a little bit of crop. Used the Gradient tool and bit and messed with the saturation. I know the power lines are a bit distracting, but I couldn't get a better angle.

IMG_99_68copy.jpg

The editing looks good, helps alot, but the subject matter is pretty boring

I know there isn't much going on there. I tried to work on my composition as well. Tried to get more sky than ground as that was the main subject I was trying to shoot.

Anymore suggestions on PP? What else could I have done to make the pic look better?

How did you do the PP on the sky? Like what program, any masks, etc...

I would go into some layers, separate the ground from the sky in a layer or two, remove all power lines and leave just the horizon and the buildings. I would also make the sky a little more dramatic.

The way I would do it is in my thread linked below VVVVV

^^^forgot to mention, I used PS CS2. I bumped saturation up a bit to about +15. I used the gradient transparent from the top of the sky to about the top of the building. The cropping is pretty obvious, got rid of the portopotty and the shiny puddle way at the bottom.
I guess I can use the clone stamp and try to get rid of the power lines. Thanks for the suggestion.

Great write up, I've read many of your posts and have not noticed that link. I'll have to give it a shot next time.

Yeah if you separate the areas you wish to enhance you can do more dramatic editing and enhancing, without worrying about the spill over onto other areas.

I only know some of the basics and haven't really figured out layers and such so I'm limited to things below. I believe what you do depends a lot on the mood you are feeling or trying to convey.

lighten shadows
darken highlights
decrease contrast (for some reason I like what it does for skys a lot of times)
took out some of the wires enough to show what change it would make
took out the pole left side
cropped out what I think was a porta potty on lower right

IMG_99_68edit.jpg

Most reactions

Back