Post Processing

dbird

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok, so what's the deal on post processing? I know everybody does it but how do you know when it is too much or not enough? I mean I try to take the best picture possible so I don't have to edit a whole lot, but I get frustrated when I'm editing because I'm not familiar with photoshop, therefore I don't feel like I'm producing the best picture I possibly can. Or am I thinking too much? I don't want to over edit, but i want my images to come out clean and professional looking. Will someone please help?

do whatever you need to get the final image you want, and take the process that you want to take.

So basically it's my call and I have to figure out my own style? Is that what you're saying?

haha thanks!

Just keep chipping away at photoshop - I'm still a rank amateur but I think I learn something new for each photo I edit!

IMO its not about changing the photo but polishing it so it is as presentable as it can be in a way that fits the original intent of taking the picture.

Too little or too much... Who's call is it really? I mean unless you have been hired and given specific guidelines and expectations, it's up to you as the artist creating your image, to decide when it looks good.
Professionals do new stuff, break rules, change norms, and then thing you know they have a style named after them.
I think we all can certainly point out a poorly edited photo, usually from inexperience in regards to the software, or 1st attempt at HDR :lol:

I have a friend who is a recently retired, and still very active, photographer. He uses Photoshop. I use Lightroom. He agreed to watch me working on 15 photos, each with a specific problem, and comment. As we went along he made a few suggestions but said my work was basically good. He was also impressed with how much faster it was to do with Lightroom. He mentioned a few things Photoshop could do that Lightroom couldn't just so I'd know.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back