Practice Shots CC

MWG

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just been working on nailing my exposures, i feel that im starting to get them faster and faster. I think it will help me out in the long run. I haven't had any real shoots as of late, so i been practicing with the family. Now i can't decide if i want another speedlight to go along with my 580 ex ii or some "real" lights lol. I started looking into Adoramas flashpoint series strobes and i have read some decent reviews, but a part of me just wants to compile a bunch of speedlights with modifiers since i work outdoors mostly. Not sure what im gonna do yet, but any input on this would be appreciated.

f/4 1/400 iso-100
OCF to camera right with a reflector on the left side of my mother. I dialed in exposure compensation to -2 because i wanted to background to be a little underexposed. I think the result was decent, wanted a good picture of my mom in front of flowers, she loves tending to her garden and flowers and such. Flash was shot through an umbrella.

065-1 (2) by tfunit, on Flickr

f/3.5 1/400 iso-100

Same thing here except went in a little closer. PROLLY should of shot this in portrait orentation

082-1 by tfunit, on Flickr

Last edited:
They look quite ok to me. The light a bit strong maybe. I can't give any tips for lighting set-ups though.

They look quite ok to me. I can't give any tips for making them better though.

Thanks, yea i guess there kinda boring, shot in my backyard, lol. Just working on getting proper creative exposures.

I got the idea from Misscream to start practicing in my backyard when im not working lol!

What triggers are you using to shoot off camera at 1/400s with a T1i?

PocketWizards.

Flex/Mini.

Most reactions

Back