Pro surfing circuit in town :)

luckydog

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.cracked-lenz.smugmug.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Tom Curren, Mark Occilupo and all the gang are in town for Surfest. Part of the Australian pro circuit and i wandered over and snapped a few before the serious stuff started on the second last day of competition. BTW the lens ain't mine but would be nice :)

Photo of T.C being photographed (crazy job that one).
19237197-M.jpg

Spewin' i didn't get all the board in frame :(
19237185-M.jpg

Mmmmm, nice!
19237196-M.jpg

19237184-M.jpg

19237193-M.jpg

And last of all the one i call "Shark Bait!"
19237192-M.jpg

damn, the lens is amazing. I'd like to have one :) and I really like the second shot :) even without half of the board

Great captures, I know thw surfers are the subjests but IMO the saltys in the background are cool and add the the depth of the photos.
(I'm some what of a "boat nerd")

I'm still suffering from the ownership of a Olympus C730. It's a great camera sure, with it's 10x Opt (i think the first 10x opt released), but the 3.2 MP and small manual range now hamstrings my photographic appetite. The Nikon D70 is on my shopping list for before the end of the year.

As for the break, it's actually Newcastle Beach. They were only between 100 and 200m from the shore (I was on some rocks 10 -15m offshore).

Thanks for the comments, and Picksure you'd love it here if you're a "boat nerd" :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back